Friday, November 12, 2004

End of the pre-party party

It's been a while since I've posted. The last two months or so have been spent turning the second floor of the garage into a proper workshop. As always, my father-in-law did most of the work.
Now we're on to the boat. First order of business: deciding where to start. I now have copies of the shop drawing and wiring diagram. I'm thinking of starting at the same place I began my house renovation: the bathroom, or as boaters call it, the head. Both the toilet and shower pan are long gone. I'm beginning the hunt for replacements. The other task for this winter is the wiring. I still haven't decided whether or not to replace it all. I've received contradictory advice.
Finally, because I'm going to need to remove the front section of keel next year, I'm going to have to dissassemble even more of the front v-berth in order to pull the deck up and access the keel bolts. So more steps backward before going forward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home