Thursday, September 01, 2005

More V-Berth Restoration















The new window frames in place, with the screw holes plugged.















The right side of the closet (centre of the picture) was totally rotted away. I've replaced it with the same 1/2 inch plywood I used to recreate the front window frames. Wood filler will cover the seam. Since this is painted, I'll get away with it.

To the right is replaced masonite siding. Cutting this to size took a few attempts and one wasted piece. I mounted it in place with brad nails. The seams will be covered with a strip of wood, as it was originally.

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi James. Well you keep this site indefinitly? I will retire next year and will endeavor to put full time in my Connie. I have no help so it will take me full time in retirement to make her well again. If you do not think you will keep the site can I persuade you to cut a CD and send it to me? I'll pay what ever the shipping costs, disc, etc. I eventually would like to print 8x10 pictures of critical places that I will need to look at all the time. Best to you and your wife and I know you'll enjoy your labors.

Al Perkins (1SG)Ret.
Sandy Louise 1963 34' CC Connie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home