Thursday, February 16, 2006

V-Berth Cabinets

Another winter project almost complete. The v-berth cabinets are stained with Cordova filler stain and varnished with Interlux Goldspar satin varnish. The new and old side match pretty well. I'll now store them until they can be installed in the boat, hopefully next fall, after the port bottom work is complete.


The v-berth the way it looked at the beginning of the project.


The wood cut and bleached. The section on the right is original, the section on the left new. .


The wood stained and varnished.

4 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am restoring a 1961 conqueror 41 ft.
very much like yours.
your pics are great.
man these boats are a lot of work!!
Mine was originally named Sophisticated Lady. But she ain't no lady,just a lot of work..

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous chuck miller said...

I have a 64 37' connie that I have had for 35 years. I am in the process of redoing it but nothing as drastic as you are encountering. It has to be a love afair. my kids tell me I am crazy for attempting this at 68 but we should have it finished this year. When done it will have all new tanks,engines a 6.5 kw kohler hydrolic steering and controls.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger chuck miller said...

interesting. I have a 37' 64 connie. Have had it for 35 years. Came with Chrysler 440 with dual quads.
At 72 I Replaced tanks, wiring, and many planks plumbing, and engines, rebuilt generator, hydraulic steering and controls added autopilot. Ready to launch spring 2014

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger chuck miller said...

interesting. I have a 37' 64 connie. Have had it for 35 years. Came with Chrysler 440 with dual quads.
At 72 I Replaced tanks, wiring, and many planks plumbing, and engines, rebuilt generator, hydraulic steering and controls added autopilot. Ready to launch spring 2014

 

Post a Comment

<< Home